I've got a friend who doesn't know what is coming next. Because He can not see what comes next, he is afraid. He is trying to blame somebody for something, because he is scared. There has to be somebody to blame. Right? You didn't get to this point just to fall down all alone? Right? What's next in this race we call life?
You've had help up to now, but your soft place to land is heading out of town. You've come so far, but now you don't think you know how to stand on your own. What are you going to do? How in the world can you make it on your own?
This is not a new story.
Let's look at these verses from Isaiah. (MSG)
FYI - Isaiah is one of the very oldest books in the Bible. We see the same story here playing out in this passage.
This is not a new story.
Isaiah 40: 27-31
27) "Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying, “God has lost track of me. He doesn’t care what happens to me”? Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening?"
Here is the fear. Fear that nobody cares what's going to happen to you. Fear that nobody sees how you're feeling. The fear that nobody knows how scared you are. What's next is frightening when you don't know what 'next' is going to entail. What's gonna happen to you? The world, at least your little corner of it, will probably forget all about you.
28) "God doesn’t come and go. God lasts. He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out."
Here's a promise. God does know what you're going through. God does know what you're feeling. God is ready to run with you. God sees you. God knows all about you. All of your yesterdays, your today and all of your tomorrows.
29) "He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts."
God will be with you and give you all that you need. Courage is going ahead and doing 'it' even when you're scared. Courageous people are afraid, but they run into 'it' anyway. Run into your future with passion. Passion for life.
30) "For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall."
Yes, you might fail, but don't stop. Don't drop out of life. Failure only means that you're learning what not to do next time. Failure is part of the process of achievement. Formula 409 means there were 408 formulas that were failures. They didn't give up and neither should you.
31) "But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind."
Talk to God when you're unsure. Talk to God when you're afraid. Talk to God when you're faced with the unknown. Talk to God when you fail. Talk to God when you make a decision. Talk to God when you're happy. Talk to God when you're joyful. Talk to God when you succeed. Talk to God when you cry and when you laugh. Talk to God all the time.
God will run with you. He will be there with you as you run. This race we call life is challenging, but you are not alone. Trust in His promise. He never sleeps, never gets tired, never runs out of energy and He never takes His eyes off of you. Run! Even when you're afraid. Run afraid! Just keep running! God is running with you!